If you are curious about how many visitors we got or which posts were the most popular, this post is for you. Well, indeed today’s article is not really a post, it’s an infographic. If you haven’t heard what an infographic is, let me explain you.
Infographic stands for Information graphics and it is a graphic visual representation of data intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. I don’t know about you but, in my case, I prefer to see information rather than reading it.
I think it is related to the way we learn and the Neil Fleming’s VAK/VARK model. For instance, there are three kinds of learning profiles:
- Visual – You learn by seeing and reading. Infographics will be addressed to all of us who learn by seeing and not only reading.
- Auditory – Learning through hearing.
- Kinesthesic – Learning style in which learning takes place by the student carrying out a physical activity.
If you want to know which kind of learning style best suits you, there are many free online tests you can take. However, this is not today’s topic. Today’s article is about us, Open Business Mic.
How do you think we did? Everyone knows starting a blog is not easy task but to be honest, we are very happy with our performance. And do you know why? Because we reached our goals. Setting appropriate objectives is what helped us measuring our performance and being able today to say that we did it. So you would be probably wondering which were our objectives. Let me introduce them:
- S – Specific: 500 average number of visitors per month with one to two articles per month during our first six months.
- M – Measurable: Thanks to WordPress statistics, we can measure these figures.
- A – Achievable: Come on, 500 visitors per month for only 2 contributors is ok, don’t you think?
- R – Relevant: Writing about young professionals interests seems worthwhile. Besides, we are the right people as we are young and, well, I guess we are professionals.
- T – Time-bounded: In six months.
Furthermore, we can define objectives not only as SMART but also as SMARTER:
- E – Evaluate: This is what we are showing you in this post. Check our infographic to understand how we did, how many visitors we had and the most popular posts:
- R – Reevaluate: The purpose of my next post will be to define future objectives related to the ones we already accomplished. I will also introduce the actions that we will take in order to reach these goals.
To sum up, OpenBusinessMic did very well according to our objectives but there is always room for improvement. We hope you liked what you see in the infographic and keep following us in the future. We ensure you many new interesting posts and enhancements.Antonio González